Accessing the MedFocus Document Archive System
Using the MedFocus Document Archive System is easy!
For best results, launch the site using Internet Explorer.
Once on the site, click “Customer Login” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter your user name.
- The first time you log in, use the temporary password that was provided to you and follow the prompts to create a personal password for future use. For the strongest security, create a password that has more than 8 characters, is not easily guessed and contains a combination of letters and numbers or symbols. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Enter the file cabinet: medfocus
The first time you log in, a yellow bar will pop up at the top of the screen. Click the yellow bar and follow the simple installation instructions.
You're done! You are now logged in and can use the archive system.
The archive system is very simple to use. Here are a few pointers:
- To view scanned documents, use the “Retrieve” tab at the top of the page.
- The easiest way to review batches in bulk is to search by start and end date. Note that these dates represent the POSTING date of the batch, not the date of service.
- If you wish to find a specific document, use the text search using all or any portion of the information that is on the document you are searching for, such as a name or date.
- The asterisk symbol (*) can be used as a wild card when typing in your search criteria. For example, if you are unsure if the name is Anderson or Andersen, type "Anders*n"
- You can search by partial information. For example, you can type in "T Anderson" or "Thomas A", or even "Anders" to pull up all documents that include your criteria. This is true of numbers as well, for example, you can enter a partial date or member ID.
- Text search is only available for typewritten text - handwritten notes or forms cannot be searched.
After you click "search", you will be presented with all batches meeting your criteria. Click the page icon under “View” to see the documents in the batch. If you used the text search, you will see a folder on the far left, click on the (+) sign next to the folder to view the documents that contain your search criteria.
Once you are viewing the individual pages, use the icons along the top bar to move forward or backward, magnify and print.
That’s it! If you have any questions, call 503-968-4636 during business hours. We're here to help!